Wikipedio:Portalo di la komunitato/Arkivo5
- 1 Wikimania 2016 Scholarships - Deadline soon!
- 2 2016 WMF Strategy consultation
- 3 Ido is missing
- 4 Completion suggestor
- 5 Updates to wiki search auto completion are arriving 10 March
- 6 New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (March 2016)
- 7 Open Call for Individual Engagement Grants
- 8 Server switch 2016
- 9 Wikipedia to the Moon
- 10 Wikipedia to the Moon: voting has begun
- 11 Compact Links coming soon to this wiki
- 12 Compact Language Links enabled in this wiki today
- 13 Wikipedia to the Moon: invitation to edit
- 14 Editing News #2—2016
- 15 Steleti e bon artikli.
- 16 Open call for Project Grants
- 17 Save/Publish
- 18 New Wikipedia Library accounts available now (August 2016)
- 19 RevisionSlider
- 20 Grants to improve your project
- 21 Creative Commons 4.0
- 22 Editing News #3—2016
- 23 New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (November 2016)
- 24 Password reset
- 25 Adding to the above section (Password reset)
- 26 New way to edit wikitext
Wikimania 2016 Scholarships - Deadline soon![redaktar fonto]
- Please help translate to your language
A reminder - applications for scholarships for Wikimania 2016 in Esino Lario, Italy, are closing soon! Please get your applications in by January 9th. To apply, visit the page below:
2016 WMF Strategy consultation[redaktar fonto]
- Please help translate to your language
The Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) has launched a consultation to help create and prioritize WMF strategy beginning July 2016 and for the 12 to 24 months thereafter. This consultation will be open, on Meta, from 18 January to 26 February, after which the Foundation will also use these ideas to help inform its Annual Plan. (More on our timeline can be found on that Meta page.)
Your input is welcome (and greatly desired) at the Meta discussion, 2016 Strategy/Community consultation.
Apologies for English, where this is posted on a non-English project. We thought it was more important to get the consultation translated as much as possible, and good headway has been made there in some languages. There is still much to do, however! We created m:2016 Strategy/Translations to try to help coordinate what needs translation and what progress is being made. :)
If you have questions, please reach out to me on my talk page or on the strategy consultation's talk page or by email to email@example.com.
Ido is missing[redaktar fonto]
Ido is missing from this page:
More than 100 languages are now listed.
Thank you, Varlaam (talk) 18:13, 30 di januaro 2016 (UTC)
- Hola, danko! Me jus adjuntis Ido! - Hello, thanks! I just added Ido! ;) - Al [debato-pagino] | 19:01, 30 di januaro 2016 (UTC)
Completion suggestor[redaktar fonto]
New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (March 2016)[redaktar fonto]
Apologies for writing in English. Please help translate to your language
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for free, full-access accounts to published research as part of our Publisher Donation Program. You can sign up for access to research materials from:
- Cambridge University Press - a major publisher of academic journals and e-books in a variety of subject areas. Access includes both Cambridge Journals Online and Cambridge Books. 25 accounts.
- Alexander Street Academic Video Online - a large academic video collection good for a wide range of subjects, including news programs (such as PBS and BBC), music and theatre, lectures and demonstrations, and documentaries. 25 accounts.
- Baylor University Press - a publisher of academic e-books primarily in religious studies and the humanities. 50 accounts.
- Future Science Group - a publisher of medical, biotechnological and scientific research. 30 accounts.
- Annual Reviews - a publisher of review articles in the biomedical sciences. 100 accounts.
- Miramar Ship Index - an index to ships and their histories since the early 19th century. 30 accounts.
- Noormags - Farsi-language aggregator of academic and professional journals and magazines. 30 accounts.
- Kotobna - Arabic-language ebook publishing platform. 20 accounts.
- Gale - aggregator of newspapers, magazines and journals. 50 accounts.
- Elsevier ScienceDirect - an academic publishing company that publishes medical and scientific literature. 100 accounts.
Many other partnerships with accounts available are listed on our partners page, including Project MUSE, De Gruyter, EBSCO, Newspapers.com and British Newspaper Archive. Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
--The Wikipedia Library Team 20:30, 17 di marto 2016 (UTC)
Open Call for Individual Engagement Grants[redaktar fonto]
Please help translate to your language:
Greetings! The Individual Engagement Grants (IEG) program is accepting proposals until April 12th to fund new tools, research, outreach efforts, and other experiments that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers. Whether you need a small or large amount of funds (up to $30,000 USD), IEGs can support you and your team’s project development time in addition to project expenses such as materials, travel, and rental space.
- Submit a grant request or draft your proposal in IdeaLab
- Get help with your proposal in an upcoming Hangout session
- Learn from examples of completed Individual Engagement Grants
With thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) 15:47, 31 di marto 2016 (UTC)
Server switch 2016[redaktar fonto]
The Wikimedia Foundation will be testing its newest data center in Dallas. This will make sure Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia wikis can stay online even after a disaster. To make sure everything is working, the Wikimedia Technology department needs to conduct a planned test. This test will show whether they can reliably switch from one data center to the other. It requires many teams to prepare for the test and to be available to fix any unexpected problems.
They will switch all traffic to the new data center on Tuesday, 19 April.
On Thursday, 21 April, they will switch back to the primary data center.
Unfortunately, because of some limitations in MediaWiki, all editing must stop during those two switches. We apologize for this disruption, and we are working to minimize it in the future.
You will be able to read, but not edit, all wikis for a short period of time.
- You will not be able to edit for approximately 15 to 30 minutes on Tuesday, 19 April and Thursday, 21 April, starting at 14:00 UTC (15:00 BST, 16:00 CEST, 10:00 EDT, 07:00 PDT).
If you try to edit or save during these times, you will see an error message. We hope that no edits will be lost during these minutes, but we can't guarantee it. If you see the error message, then please wait until everything is back to normal. Then you should be able to save your edit. But, we recommend that you make a copy of your changes first, just in case.
- Background jobs will be slower and some may be dropped.
Red links might not be updated as quickly as normal. If you create an article that is already linked somewhere else, the link will stay red longer than usual. Some long-running scripts will have to be stopped.
- There will be a code freeze for the week of 18 April.
No non-essential code deployments will take place.
This test was originally planned to take place on March 22. April 19th and 21st are the new dates. You can read the schedule at wikitech.wikimedia.org. They will post any changes on that schedule. There will be more notifications about this. Please share this information with your community. /User:Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 21:07, 17 di aprilo 2016 (UTC)
Wikipedia to the Moon[redaktar fonto]
Hello! Sorry that this is in English only, but we are using village pump messaging in order to reach as many language communities as possible. Wrong page? Please fix it here.
This is an invitation to all Wikipedians: Wikimedia Deutschland has been given data space to include Wikipedia content in an upcoming mission to the Moon. (No joke!) We have launched a community discussion about how to do that, because we feel that this is for the global community of editors. Please, join the discussion on Meta-Wiki (and translate this invitation to your language community)! Best, Moon team at Wikimedia Deutschland 15:35, 21 di aprilo 2016 (UTC)
Wikipedia to the Moon: voting has begun[redaktar fonto]
Hello, after six weeks of community discussion about Wikipedia to the Moon, there are now 10 different proposals for content for the mission. Starting today, you can vote for them on Meta-Wiki, and decide what we will work on: a Wikipedia canon, different lists, the Moon in 300 languages, an astronomy editathon, featured articles, articles about technology, endangered things, or DNA-related topics. You can even vote against community involvement. Voting is open until 24 June. Sorry that this message is again in English only, but we are using village pumps to reach as many communities as possible, so that everyone knows they can vote. Best, Moon team at Wikimedia Deutschland 15:31, 10 di junio 2016 (UTC)
Compact Links coming soon to this wiki[redaktar fonto]
Please help translate to your language
Hello, I wanted to give a heads up about an upcoming feature for this wiki which you may seen already in the Tech News. Compact Language Links has been available as a beta-feature on all Wikimedia wikis since 2014. With compact language links enabled, users are shown a much shorter list of languages on the interlanguage link section of an article (see image). This will be enabled as a feature in the soon for all users, which can be turned on or off using a preference setting. We look forward to your feedback and please do let us know if you have any questions. Details about Compact Language Links can be read in the project documentation.
Due to the large scale enablement of this feature, we have had to use MassMessage for this announcement and as a result it is only written in English. We will really appreciate if this message can be translated for other users of this wiki. The main announcement can also be translated on this page. Thank you. On behalf of the Wikimedia Language team: Runa Bhattacharjee (WMF) (talk)-13:06, 29 di junio 2016 (UTC)
Compact Language Links enabled in this wiki today[redaktar fonto]
Please help translate to your language
Compact Language Links has been available as a beta-feature on all Wikimedia wikis since 2014. With compact language links enabled, users are shown a much shorter list of languages on the interlanguage link section of an article (see image). Based on several factors, this shorter list of languages is expected to be more relevant for them and valuable for finding similar content in a language known to them. More information about compact language links can be found in the documentation.
From today onwards, compact language links has been enabled as the default listing of interlanguage links on this wiki. However, using the button at the bottom, you will be able to see a longer list of all the languages the article has been written in. The setting for this compact list can be changed by using the checkbox under User Preferences -> Appearance -> Languages
The compact language links feature has been tested extensively by the Wikimedia Language team, which developed it. However, in case there are any problems or other feedback please let us know on the project talk page. It is to be noted that on some wikis the presence of an existing older gadget that was used for a similar purpose may cause an interference for compact language list. We would like to bring this to the attention of the admins of this wiki. Full details are on this phabricator ticket (in English).
Due to the large scale enablement of this feature, we have had to use MassMessage for this announcement and as a result it is only written in English. We will really appreciate if this message can be translated for other users of this wiki. Thank you. On behalf of the Wikimedia Language team: Runa Bhattacharjee (WMF) (talk)-03:05, 1 di julio 2016 (UTC)
Wikipedia to the Moon: invitation to edit[redaktar fonto]
Three weeks ago, you were invited to vote on how to take Wikipedia articles to the Moon. Community voting is over and the winning idea is to send all ‘’featured articles and lists’’ to the Moon. This decision means that, starting today, Wikipedians from all language communities are warmly invited to intensively work on their best articles and lists, and submit them to Wikipedia to the Moon. The central site to coordinate between communities will be Meta-Wiki. You will find an overview and more information there. Hopefully, we will be able to represent as many languages as possible, to show Wikipedia’s diversity. Please feel kindly invited to edit on behalf of your community and tell us about your work on featured content!
Best, Moon team at Wikimedia Deutschland 14:10, 1 di julio 2016 (UTC)
Editing News #2—2016[redaktar fonto]
m:User:Elitre (WMF), 17:20, 3 di julio 2016 (UTC)
Steleti e bon artikli.[redaktar fonto]
Me kredas, ke nia Wikipedios bezonas plu multa expozado. Por to, me kredas, ke ni bezonas atribuar flava steleti a nia maxim bon artikli, quale en l’altra Wikipedii. Tale, ni obtenus plu multa atenco nam on vidus flava steleto apud Ido en l’altra Wikipedii. Forsan ula vizitanti kuriozeskus pri to ed explorus nia artiklo!
- Yes. Me adjuntis ca artiklo por nia artikli qualesoz. Yen la propozeyo. Me volas komencar pasar plu mult tempo hike en la futuro kande me havas ta tempo. Me anke volas divenar administranto, do me povas vidar la sistemi ed esperante adjuntar la mankant. Me anke volas adjuntar portali. - Al [debato-pagino] | 20:58, 4 di julio 2016 (UTC)
Open call for Project Grants[redaktar fonto]
Please help translate to your language:
- Greetings! The Project Grants program is accepting proposals from July 1st to August 2nd to fund new tools, research, offline outreach (including editathon series, workshops, etc), online organizing (including contests), and other experiments that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers.
- Whether you need a small or large amount of funds, Project Grants can support you and your team’s project development time in addition to project expenses such as materials, travel, and rental space.
- Also accepting candidates to join the Project Grants Committee through July 15.
- With thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) 15:25, 5 di julio 2016 (UTC)
New Wikipedia Library accounts available now (August 2016)[redaktar fonto]
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for free, full-access, accounts to published research as part of our publisher donation program. You can now sign up for new accounts and research materials from:
- Nomos – Primarily German-language publisher of law and social sciences books and journals - 25 accounts
- World Scientific – Scientific, technical, and medical journals - 50 accounts
- Edinburgh University Press – Humanities and social sciences journals - 25 accounts
- American Psychological Association – Psychology books and journals - 10 accounts
- Emerald – Journals on a range of topics including business, education, health care, and engineering - 10 accounts
Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
--The Wikipedia Library Team 18:39, 30 di agosto 2016 (UTC)
Birgit Müller (WMDE) 15:08, 12 di septembro 2016 (UTC)
Grants to improve your project[redaktar fonto]
Please help translate to your language:
Greetings! The Project Grants program is currently accepting proposals for funding. There is just over a week left to submit before the October 11 deadline. If you have ideas for software, offline outreach, research, online community organizing, or other projects that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers, start your proposal today! Please encourage others who have great ideas to apply as well. Support is available if you want help turning your idea into a grant request.
- Submit a grant request
- Get help: In IdeaLab or an upcoming Hangout session
- Learn from examples of completed Individual Engagement Grants or Project and Event Grants
Creative Commons 4.0[redaktar fonto]
Hello! I'm writing from the Wikimedia Foundation to invite you to give your feedback on a proposed move from CC BY-SA 3.0 to a CC BY-SA 4.0 license across all Wikimedia projects. The consultation will run from October 5 to November 8, and we hope to receive a wide range of viewpoints and opinions. Please, if you are interested, take part in the discussion on Meta-Wiki.
Apologies that this message is only in English. This message can be read and translated in more languages here. Joe Sutherland (talk) 01:35, 6 di oktobro 2016 (UTC)
Editing News #3—2016[redaktar fonto]
17:49, 15 di oktobro 2016 (UTC)
New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (November 2016)[redaktar fonto]
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for free, full-access, accounts to published research as part of our Publisher Donation Program. You can sign up for new accounts and research materials from:
- Foreign Affairs - Journal of international relations and U.S. foreign policy
- OpenEdition - Journals in the social sciences and humanities
- Édition Diffusion Presse Sciences - French and English language scientific journals
- ASHA - Speech–language–hearing journals
- Tilastopaja - Athletics statistics
- EBSCO - Many new databases added
- Taylor & Francis - Strategic, Defence & Security Studies collection
Password reset[redaktar fonto]
I apologise that this message is in English. ⧼Centralnotice-shared-help-translate⧽
We are having a problem with attackers taking over wiki accounts with privileged user rights (for example, admins, bureaucrats, oversighters, checkusers). It appears that this may be because of weak or reused passwords.
Community members are working along with members of multiple teams at the Wikimedia Foundation to address this issue.
In the meantime, we ask that everyone takes a look at the passwords they have chosen for their wiki accounts. If you know that you've chosen a weak password, or if you've chosen a password that you are using somewhere else, please change those passwords.
Select strong passwords – eight or more characters long, and containing letters, numbers, and punctuation. Joe Sutherland (Diskutez) / MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 23:59, 13 di novembro 2016 (UTC)
Adding to the above section (Password reset)[redaktar fonto]
New way to edit wikitext[redaktar fonto]
James Forrester (Product Manager, Editing department, Wikimedia Foundation) --19:31, 14 di decembro 2016 (UTC)