Hey, what language is this?
Anciena diskuti: Talk:Frontispico/Arkivo 1
Press contact[redaktar fonto]
Is there anyone who wants to be the official press contact for this language, in the odd case anyone from the press wants to talk to a contributor to this project? If so, contact me at en:user:zanimum/press. -- Zanimum 16:40, 12 April 2006 (UTC)
- I answered but please come also the other administrators. Fafnir 19:45, 12 April 2006 (UTC)
Why do people waste so much time on fake languages?
- Ido is not a "fake" language. Although it is not spoken in any country, it has a full set of grammatical rules. It is constructed, not fake. Furthermore, Ido was constructed to address a very important need in the world today: the need for an international second language. Obviously, people in different countries speak different languages. Recently, the world has become increasingly globalized, an these language barriers have become a problem. Natural languages (ones that evolved: French, English, Russian, German, etc.) can be very difficult to learn, due to idioms, grammatical inconsistencies, and the like. For this reason, a number of languages have been constructed. These are called "international auxiliary languages" or IAL's for short. Ido is one of these languages. Some constructed languages, like Ido, have no exceptions to their grammatical rules. They have also been formed with the knowledge that foreigners will be learning them, so the vocabulary shares roots that many people already know. They are thus much easier to learn than natural languages. Ido happens to be the only language of its kind (the only IAL) which was developed by a team of professional linguists. For more information, see Ido
Esperanto and Ido[redaktar fonto]
These languages are very similar. So we need an article in other Wikipedias which shows the differences so that interstested people get a suggestion about ist. That would be very nice.
@German speaking guys: Have a look at the article "Unterschiede zwischen den serbokroatischen Standardvarietäten". That is what I mean according to the missing article "Gegenüberstellung von Esperanto und Ido". So I hope here is an Esperantist who likes to make it. Merry Christmas. 18.104.22.168 03:13, 24 di decembro 2006 (UTC)
Commons admin notice[redaktar fonto]
Greetings from Commons!
You should update the icons of the various Wikimedia projects, since the icons used on this page have been replaced:
- Image:Wikisource-logo-35px.jpg → Image:Wikisource-logo.svg
- Image:Wikispecies without text.png → Image:Wikispecies-logo.svg
- Image:Wikimedia without text-35px.png → Image:Wikimedia-logo.svg
- Image:Wikiquote without text-35px.png → Image:Wikiquote-logo.svg
- Please update also teh Commons Logo to Commons-logo.svg . Thank you! --ALE! 14:51, 1 di marto 2007 (UTC)
Image replacement request[redaktar fonto]
Please replace Image:Nuvola apps browser.png by Image:Nuvola apps package network.png (or Image:Gnome-globe.svg if you choose to). The image was marked duplicate on Wikimedia Commons and we are trying to orphan it. Thanks. commons:User:Siebrand 23:05, 16 di mayo 2007 (UTC)
- Ping! Siebrand 22:31, 19 di mayo 2007 (UTC)
Translation request: commons:Template:GFDL/io[redaktar fonto]
Dear community, please translate commons:Template:GFDL (or commons:Template:GFDL/eo, which may be more convenient) to commons:Template:GFDL/io. Your help would be greatly appreciated. 22.214.171.124 11:53, 15 di agosto 2007 (UTC)
Bot flag request for Uzanto:Ordinatro[redaktar fonto]
- Bot operator: User:White Cat (Commons:User:White Cat) - En-N, Tr-4, Ja-1
- List of botflags on other projects: Bot has a flag on wikimedia (meta,commons) wikipedia (ar, az, de, en, es, et, fr, is, ja, ku, nn, no, ru, sr, tr, uz, simple) (See: m:User:White Cat#Bots)
- Purpose: Interwiki linking, double redirect fixing, commons delinking (for cases where commonsdelinker fails)
This does NOT look very good[redaktar fonto]
if you find on the mainpage "Hodie esas saturdio, 26 di aprilo 2008. Kloko esas 18:38 (UTC)" on May 5, 2008 !!!
- Everything looks fine to me. My guess is that you saw an old cached version of the page. Malafaya 12:28, 5 di mayo 2008 (UTC)
- Yes, today it looks all right to me too. --Euyasik 20:39, 6 di mayo 2008 (UTC)
La Promoco di Projetlingui[redaktar fonto]
- En la rubriko "Euyasik" l´administranto deziras kolektar kontributuri a la temi "komunikado" e "linguo". La baricentro dil afero esez ye to la promoco di projetlingui, qui future povus servar kom linguo di komunikado.
Informajo pri Ido en Hindi[redaktar fonto]
Voluntez adjuntar la linguo Hindi en la fako 'Altra Lingui'. La ligilo es: hi.wikipedia.org/wiki/ईदो
Lakaoso 10:29, 26 di julio 2008 (UTC)
Korektigez la Wikispecii ligo[redaktar fonto]
Bonvole korektigez la Wikispecii ligo en la Frontispico de http://en.wikispecies.org/wiki/Main_Page a http://species.wikimedia.org . (Learner of Ido, trying to write in the language; I meant "Please fix the Wikispecies link in the Main Page from xxx to xxx" if I wrote anything wrong.) Wyvernoid 12:18, 22 di oktobro 2008 (UTC)
arabic wikipedia[redaktar fonto]
where is the Arabic wikipedia in the Frontispico ? --126.96.36.199 20:07, 8 di julio 2009 (UTC)
I've created the Helpo:Türkçe page (Turkish language), please add it to the main page...
I have also created the Helpo:Shqip in albanian. You may add it to the main page (Frontispico).
Wikipedia in Tatar[redaktar fonto]
Dear friends, may I ask you to add a hyperlink to our Tatar Wikipedia (http://tt.wikipedia.org) to yourr Front page. Tatars - are turkic nation living in Tatarstan Republic, second biggest nation in Russian Federation. hope to hear from you soon. sincerely yours, Muhtac 20:58, 20 di marto 2011 (UTC)
Why spend so much time on an useless Wikipedia using an useless language? Why? How many people will use this encyclopedia, uh? It's why it's useless this project. --188.8.131.52 18:27, 27 di februaro 2012 (UTC)
- Take it like fondamental research. Fafnir 20:09, 27 di februaro 2012 (UTC)
me nun lernas ido, e me serchas tala ido-forumo, qua es maxim uzanta ed oficala. ka vi konocas la "oficala" ido-forumo? (me volas diskutar e debatar en ido...)
- Saluto! Tu povas vidar ica pagino. Se tu volas, tu povas anke helpar hike. Voluntez facar konto ed kunlaboreskar kun ni! --Chabi1 (talk) 10:36, 1 di marto 2013 (UTC)
- Anke videz ico: http://linguoido.ning.com/forum - la maxim uzata Ido-forumo!
- Me vidis ke tu anke havas Germana IP-adreso. Do forsan tu anke volas vidar la Germana Ido-forumo: http://forum.idolinguo.de
- --184.108.40.206 22:09, 1 di marto 2013 (UTC)
kie estas via Diskutejo?
On the English Wikipedia, we started a project called TAFI. Each week we identify underdeveloped articles that require improvement. Our goal is to use widespread collaborative editing to improve articles to Good article, Featured article or Featured list quality over a short time frame.
This is all about improving important articles in a collaborative manner, and also inspiring readers of Wikipedia to also try editing. We think it is a very important and interesting idea that will make Wikipedia a better place to work. It has been very successful so far, and the concept has spread to the Hindi Wikipedia where it has been well received.
We wanted to know if your Wikipedia was interested in setting up its own version of TAFI. Please contact us on our talk page or here if you are interested.--Coin945 (talk) 17:48, 2 September 2014 (UTC)
What language is this?[redaktar fonto]
It looks rather like Esperanto, but is probably different. What is it? 220.127.116.11 04:39, 10 di aprilo 2015 (UTC)
Ido, obviously. --18.104.22.168 16:23, 3 di agosto 2015 (UTC)
- Does this question not appear at the very top of this page?
- Varlaam (talk) 18:12, 30 di januaro 2016 (UTC)